An innovative collaboration with Bureo, Smart Ocean utilizes recycled material from discarded ocean fishing nets, which are transformed into plastic pellets and then used to manufacture Smart Ocean chairs. Smart Ocean is the first-ever ergonomic chair to be built with recycled net and is also certified by the International Living Future Institute to the full Living Product Challenge — meeting the most rigorous sustainable manufacturing criteria to date. All Diffrient Smart chairs are mesh ergonomic work chairs with striking linear and geometric design. With a unique U-shaped back and minimal lines, this ergonomic work chair model from Humanscale also features arm rests that are attached to the back of the chair, so they move with the user for dynamic and constant support. This Humanscale chair's revolutionary tri-panel mesh back offers instant support and allows the user to engage in a healthy and supportive posture. Its unique tri-panel back is designed like a fitted shirt and is built to support your back throughout the recline process. This Humanscale chair is a custom chair that Ships Free in 20-30 days; available in MONOFILAMENT STRIPE BLACK BACK and either FOURTIS OR CORDE 4 BLACK SEAT. This ergonomic work chair is built to handle users up to 300 pounds and is certified for 24-7 multi-shift applications. This Humanscale chair is proudly made in the USA and carries an extensive 15 Year Warranty. Interested? Be sure to call us or live chat with us for the very best price. 888-355-4999
20% off SALE THROUGH 12/31/20
Innovative weight-sensitive, self-locking recline mechanism
- Auto-pivot backrest with 7° back tilt offers lumbar support in all positions
- Tri-Panel, non-stretch, Form-Sensing Mesh Technology provides perfectly tailored comfort
- Contoured seat cushions closely follow the body’s shape while a waterfall edge offers long-term comfort, reducing pressure points and providing weight distribution
- Unique arm design attaches to the back frame to provide support during full range of recline
- Modular design ensures easy maintenance and allows the user to update the chair’s aesthetic
- Chair Supports user height range of 5’0” – 6’4” and weight range of 100 lbs. – 300 lbs.
- Available in the black frame or black with polished aluminum trim configuration only
- Intelligent counter balance recline mechanism adjusts to the users weight
- Pivoting backrest provides additional lumbar as needed
- Form sensing tri-panel mesh back creates body fitting contours
- Armless, fixed or adjustable height arms including a height & width adjustable 4D (4-way) design
- Carefully sculpted seat cushions provide an increased contact area to reduce common pressure points
- Standard 5" seat height cylinder provides adequate seat height for 95% of sitters
- Special short, tall and foot ring equipped cylinders are optional
- Protective stainless steel caps on a five-star base
- Standard carpet casters or optional soft casters for hard floor surfaces
- Special 'box-stitch' detailing on leather seats (n/a on standard textiles)
- Made in the USA
- Ships Free in 20-30 Days or less; available in 10 business days with combination fabrics stated above!
- 15 year, 24-7 Multi-shift certified
- Please call or Live Chat us for your very best price!
Back Mesh Patterns & Colors (For seat textiles please click on the green 'Fabric Selector' button above)
Catena features a pure, clean weave—free of any additional patterns or motifs—in colors inspired by the rich hues of spices, which allow the chair to seamlessly integrate into its setting. It’s simple aesthetic makes it a classic design choice for modern and contemporary environments.
Silver Check This brilliant weave of monofilament strands and silver-coated yarns offers resiliency and
durability. The award-winning mesh textile was designed to provide optimal ergonomic
support and comfort by melding strength and flexibility. Like Humanscale's other meshes,
Silver Check has a low abrasion factor and is extremely gentle on clothing.
Content: 74% Polyester, 26% Nylon
This award-winning mesh textile was designed to provide optimal ergonomic support and comfort
by melding strength, flexibility and resiliency. Using only monofilament yarns that are thin and strong,
a simple but classic stripe pattern is achieved through weave structure and yarn placement. This
pattern has slight elasticity, but terrific memory.
Content: 82% Polyester, 18% Nylon
Dash-one of the latest mesh innovations from Elizabeth Whelan Design-was inspired by the
way in which the color appears and then disappears, creating a colored "dash" across the fabric
surface. Dash combines a variety of elements to be as strong, lightweight and responsive as
possible. With a distinct pattern and small scale, Dash carries color brilliantly and densely for a
Content: 87% Polyester, 11% Nylon, 2% Acrylic
Pinstripe is a lightweight mesh, that still manages to provide the strength and support of a much
heavier mesh, by using two different monofilament stretch yarns to provide firmness and excellent
recovery of the fabric. Only the pinstripe yarns take the dye, and the monofilament yarns are
grey instead of black, giving a more neutral background to the pattern and allowing light to pass
through the fabric.
Content: 82% Polyester, 18% Nylon
- Contoured seat cushion 19.25”W x 2” thick
- 16.25” – 18.75” seat depth adjustment range
We are an authorized Humanscale retailer. For special pricing requests, information or samples on this or any other Humanscale product please contact us directly.
A deep appreciation for ergonomics is at the core of Humanscale.
Ergonomics is the study of how to improve efficiency and comfort in a work place. Correct ergonomic design helps to reduce discomfort at work, which increases job satisfaction, productivity and well-being – and reduces costs to the organization in the long run.
All of Humanscale’s work tools were created to be intuitive and adjust effortlessly to the user. We consult with our team of in-house ergonomists on every project to ensure our products are the most comfortable available.
Create Environmentally Friendly Spaces with Humanscale
Humanscale is passionate about helping you design projects with minimal environmental impact.
Humanscale offers options for customers to “close the loop” and dispose of products in the most responsible way possible. Rather than sending them to landfills, we would like to make it easier for our customers to repurpose their products.