Peter Opsvik and HAG have put a new twist or spin on the highly successful upholstered Capisco chair from the ergonomic seating category. In place of the original fully upholstered ergonomic seating design is a new slim and streamlined, and yes more environmentally correct and affordable model. This saddle ergonomic chair with back support is HAG's fresh alternative with all the comfort and functionality that made the original HAG Capisco saddle chair a global hit. This version of the Capisco chair is colorful and at a lower price point. This saddle chair with back support has earned HAG yet another red dot design award. Ergonomic seating is now in high demand. The HAG saddle chair with back support design will promote a natural saddle seat open thigh angle such as that of an equestrian. This posture will improve your circulation and put you in what we call an 'active sitting' position. Sit side saddle, backwards or sideways and the Puls ergonomic seating design will support you every inch of the way. HAG Capiscos are Norwegian design and the quality and craftsmanship shows. This Puls model comes with a fully upholstered seat cushion and a plastic back. Your choice of shell color and seat upholstery, seat height, frame and base color, and caster. Standard with carpet casters. *Grey shell is out of stock until 10/31/22
- This 8020 model has a fully upholstered seat cushion and a polypropylene back
- Polypropylene shell comes in 3 colors
- Light and dynamic saddle seat design allows your spine to find its natural 'S'curve
- Molded polypropylene seat and back with an integrated seat cushion on center
- Seat and back tilt as a unit
- Adjustable tilt tension
- Pneumatic seat lift
- Dual position seat tilt lock
- Back depth and seat depth are adjustable
- Back design encourages and supports many different sitting angles and positions
- 2 cylinder heights (see details below) with footring
- High gloss silver, white or black painted aluminum base with arched and ribbed foot massage curvature ends
- Standard with carpet casters (see options below)
- 300 lbs. capacity
- 24% post-consumer recyclable materials
- 95% recyclable
- Meets or exceeds ANSI-BIFMA standards
- Designed for minimal impact on indoor air quality
- GREENGUARD Certified
Found a lower price? We may be able to match or beat! Call us at 888.355.4999 or email us at email@example.com.
We cannot guarantee digital swatches are accurate representations of the upholstery color on your screen. Please contact us for complimentary samples. We can also create a custom rendering with your specific fabric choice, if you'd like to see it on your screen in real time.
Upholstery Textures (see the close-up texture here, see all colors and choose your fabric in the fabric selector above)
Configured with Stool Height Cylinders ONLY
- Overall Width 29"
- Overall Depth 29"
- Overall Height: CY29 37.5-44.0 CY37 41.0-50.0"
- Seat width 18.5"
- Seat depth 13.5-17"
- Back Width 23.5"
- Back Height 16-19.5"
- Seat Height CY29 19"-26"H; CY37 22.5"-32"H
- Base diameter 27.55"
- 300 lbs. weight limit
Design Studio Note: This saddle chair with back support is very much like the original Capisco chair but incorporates a slimmer design and easier to clean frame. Perfect for just about any setting, the Puls draws on the success of the Capisco upholstered version but with a slightly different look and feel. The seat on the Puls is slightly slimmer than the original that allows the sitters leg angle to be slightly more closed in. All versions have the very cool arched foot-rests which we simply love. Not only are they distinctive in appearance but they are a great place to rest your tired feet when working. Overall we give the new Puls an A++ for design and affordability.
Peter Opsvik works together with seven colleagues in his studio. Although Peter Opsvik comes up with most of the basic concepts, the work of translating his raw idea into a finished, manufacturable product is a team effort.
The studio has a strong focus on product design as a mean for solving real-life problems. Core competence is furniture design, interior design, ergonomics, environmental oriented solutions, engineering and communication. The studio works both independently and in close collaboration with major manufacturers, such as Hag and Varier.